These are the cannabis epilepsy references mentioned in this scientific review of cannabis and epilepsy.
(1) I. Izquierdo, O. Orsingher, and A. Berardi, Effect of cannabidiol and of other Cannabis sativa compounds on hippocampal seizure discharges, Animal Studies, Psychopharmacologia, Mar 1973, Volume 28, Issue 1, pp 95-102.
(2) R. Karler, W. Cely, and S. Turkanis, The anticonvulsant activity of cannabidiol and cannabinol, Life Sciences, Volume 13, Issue 11, 1 Dec 1973, pp 1527–1531.
(3) R. Sofia, T. Solomon, and H. Barry, Anticonvulsant activity of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol compared with three other drugs, European Journal of Pharmacology, Volume 35, Issue 1, Jan 1976, pp 7-16.
(4) E. Carlini, et al., Cannabidiol and Cannabis sativa extract protect mice and rats against convulsive agents, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Volume 25, Issue 8, August 1973, pp 664–665.
(5) P. Chiu, et al., The Influence of Cannabidiol and Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Cobalt Epilepsy in Rats, Epilepsia, Volume 20, Issue 4, Aug 1979, pp 365–375.
(6) S. Turkanis, et al., An Electrophysiological Analysis of the Anticonvulsant Action of Cannabidiol on Limbic Seizures in Conscious Rats, Epilepsia, Volume 20, Issue 4, Aug 1979, pp 351–363.
(7) E. Gordon and O. Devinsky, Alcohol and Marijuana: Effects on Epilepsy and Use by Patients with Epilepsy, Epilepsia, Volume 42, Issue 10, Oct 2001, pp 1266–1272.
(8) J. Brust, et al., Marijuana use and the risk of new onset seizures, Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 1992, 103, pp 176–181.
(9) M. Wallace, et al., The Endogenous Cannabinoid System Regulates Seizure Frequency and Duration in a Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, JPET Oct 2003 vol. 307 no. 1, pp 129-137.
(10) N. Jones, et al., Cannabidiol exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures, Seizure, June 2012, Volume 21, Issue 5, pp 344–352.
(11) D. Gross, et al., Marijuana use and epilepsy, Neurology Jun 8, 2004 vol. 62 no. 11, pp 2095-2097.
(12) B. Porter and C. Jacobson, Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy, Epilepsy and Behavoir, December 2013, Volume 29, Issue 3, pp 574–577.
(13) M. Hofmann and C. Frazier, Marijuana, endocannabinoids, and epilepsy: Potential and challenges for improved therapeutic intervention, Experimental Neurology, Volume 244, June 2013, pp 43–50.
(14) J. Szaflarski and E. Bebin, Cannabis, cannabidiol, and epilepsy — From receptors to clinical response, Epilepsy & Behavior, Volume 41, Dec 2014, pp 277–282.
(15) M. Hamerle, et al., Cannabis and other illicit drug use in epilepsy patients, European Journal of Neurology, Volume 21, Issue 1, Jan 2014, pp 167–170.
(16) O. Devinsky, et al., Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders, Epilepsia, Volume 55, Issue 6, June 2014, pp 791–802.
(17) E. Maa and P. Figi, The case for medical marijuana in epilepsy, Epilepsia, Volume 55, Issue 6, June 2014, pp 783–786.
(18) R. dos Santos, et al., Phytocannabinoids and epilepsy, Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Volume 40, Issue 2, pages 135–143, April 2015.
(19) M. Cili, E. Thiele, and O. Devinsky, The case for assessing cannabidiol in epilepsy, Epilepsia, Volume 55, Issue 6, June 2014, pp 787–790.
(20) E. Rosenberg, et al., Cannabinoids and Epilepsy, Neurotherapeutics, Oct 2015, Volume 12, Issue 4, pp 747-768.
(21) O. Devinsky, et al., Cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: an open-label interventional trial, The Lancet Neurology, Volume 15, No. 3, pp 270–278, March 2016.