One of the most famous strains out there today is Strawberry Cough. When considering the origins of this strain, we are quite lucky to have it today. As the legend goes, former High Times editor Kyle Kushman met a novice grower who showed Kushman his small farm. The anonymous grower offered some seeds to Kushman, and Kushman took them just to be polite. The seeds were left in a bag for a few days and were about to be thrown away. Right as Kushman was about to toss the seeds, he realized that they had a strong aroma of strawberries. Kushman then mixed this Strawberry Fields strain with a breed of Haze to give the present-day Strawberry Haze. So excited by his finding, Kushman drove across the country to California dropping off clones of his new strain for many to try. We are all thankful that Kushman took that whiff before tossing those seeds away.
Kushman’s final product turned out to be one of the most potent strains on the market. Taking from its parent Haze, Strawberry Cough is a hard hitting sativa, giving an uplifted cerebral buzz and putting you in a blissful state of euphoria. These effects make it great for dealing with anxiety, stress, and depression, as you will feel all of your worries fade away. These effects make it ideal for socializing with friends. This strain will leave you and your friends in a giggle fit for hours. Strawberry Cough won best flower at the 2013 High Times Cannabis Cup.
The WoahStork Strain Genie has placed Strawberry Cough in the “Energize” Activity Group. That means that after smoking the Strawberry Cough strain, you can expect to be filled with enough energy to tackle that hike you’ve been meaning to take. Our experience with the Strawberry Cough strain certainly gave us a workout: our stomachs were aching from constant laughter.
Strawberry Cough was also featured in the movie Children of Men. One character is asked to cough as he is smoking a joint. Apparently as the name suggests, coughing is supposed to help bring out the strawberry flavor as you smoke it. What do you think, can you taste the strawberries? Let us know by leaving a review of Strawberry Cough below! Now that we’ve got you craving strawberries, also check out this recipe below for a cannabis-infused Strawberry Cough cake recipe.
Strawberry Cough Cake Recipe (courtesy of High Times Cannabis Cookbook):
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3.5 to 5 grams Strawberry Cough cannabis buds or leaves, ground
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs*
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk*
- 4 to 5 chopped strawberries
- Sliced strawberries, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
*For a vegan recipe, substitute 4 tablespoons applesauce for eggs and 1 cup soy milk for milk.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a wok or heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat vegetable oil and ground cannabis over low heat. Simmer on low for 60 minutes or until cannabis fiber is crunchy. Carefully tip pan and use metal strainer to capture all the particulate while pouring oil into a glass measuring cup.
3. Mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together in large bowl. Add eggs, cannabis oil, extract, and milk, blending with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on low. You want a batter with a smooth consistency and no lumps. Add the chopped strawberries last.
4. Pour batter into a generously greased 9-by-3-by-5-inch loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes (5 to 10 minutes longer for the vegan recipe). Check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. It should be golden brown and spring back gently when it’s touched. Avoid opening the oven door too many times while checking.
5. Leave the cake in the pan to cool for 30 minutes. Run a knife around edges to loosen, then gently transfer it onto a serving plate. Enjoy with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
With WoahStork, you’ll be able to order Strawberry Cough online! Simply make an account, search for “Strawberry Cough near me”, and place an order with your nearest dispensary for either delivery or pickup. You’ll receive rewards for every order. If you like it or hate, be sure to review Strawberry Cough so we can make you personalized strain recommendations in the future!