This year is not easy. Coronavirus pandemic has caused a worldwide economic shock and citywide quarantines. Needless to say, we should all do everything to prevent the spread of the virus. This includes avoiding going out unless necessary and washing your hands frequently.
And let’s not forget doing everything to improve our immune system. That’s where CBD fits in. This chemical compound has been found to boost our immune systems and increase general wellness. And if you should have caught corona, after all, CBD may even help you alleviate some flu-like symptoms. Can this really be true?
Let’s find out and start by looking at how CBD benefits your immune system.
CBD Supporting Your Immune System
The connection between the endocannabinoid systems and our immunity needs more research. But one thing’s for sure. CBD works great to reduce inflammatory and self-attacking autoimmune responses. Why? Because, in essence, cannabinoids suppress our immunity. A hyperactive immune system can harm the body when exposed to allergens. It can even strike the protective layer around nerve cells. To make matters worse, this can lead to a buildup of scar tissue that can even cause paralysis. CBD has shown good results in treating autoimmune diseases like arthritis, lupus, and multiple sclerosis.
And does CBD oil work with inflammation also? Yes, CBD is known to reduce it. This helps with diseases that come with chronic inflammation, like inflammatory bowel disease, acne, asthma, diabetes, and allergies. The best part is that CBD can reduce inflammation, also in the central nervous system. This means that stroke patients can use it to boost their recovery.
Even when you should catch COVID-19, the chances of your symptoms getting severe are smaller when your immune system is working in full gear. CBD can give you the extra boost that can make a huge difference. Now let’s take a closer look at how CBD oil could further help with common flu symptoms.
Using CBD as Part of Coronavirus Treatment
Let’s start by looking at what is a coronavirus. Basically, it’s an infectious disease that comes with mild respiratory and other flu-like symptoms. Infected people can experience coughing, sneezing, and even fever. Because there is no drug against the disease right now, all we can do is to alleviate the symptoms. Coronavirus treatment is based on the patient’s clinical condition.
There’s a lot of useful information about CBD oil use on sites like CBD Hunger Lab, but when it comes to COVID-19, two benefits of cannabinoids are especially useful.
Here they are:
• Cannabinoids relax your whole body. This includes the bronchial muscles. Sounds good? By keeping your airways of the lungs open, you may prevent serious breathing problems when contracting COVID-19.
• CBD is an effective painkiller. Obviously, when Coronavirus induces painful inflammation of lung tissue, stronger medications are needed. But CBD can work great for milder pain that may occur from excessive coughing.
This is the point where it’s time to talk about the best ways to consume CBD oil.
How to Take CBD Oil
All the following methods work great. Try different ones to find what works best for you.
• Rubbing the oil on the skin. You can use topical creams that contain CBD.
• Vaping CBD. The e-cigarettes come in different strengths and flavors.
• Chewing CBD oil edibles. This is the perfect solution for someone who wants to keep track of their dosage.
• Swallowing CBD oil capsules. These are super easy to swallow but may take longer to have an effect.
• Mixing CBD oil with a drink or putting it in food. That’s right, make your own edibles.
• Holding CBD oil under the tongue (sublingual). This is the most popular way to consume CBD.
If you’re wondering how long does oil take to work, then here it is: 20-30 minutes. And how long does the effect last? 4-6 hours.
Let’s be honest. CBD oil will not cure coronavirus. But what is CBD oil good for? It all comes down to this: because of CBD’s relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties, it can easily alleviate flu-like symptoms. That’s right, even those that come with COVID-19. In addition to that, CBD can boost your immune system to minimize the chances of getting the virus in the first place. So give it a go. Trust us, you’ll be glad you did.
What do you think of CBD oil? Did the article answer your most burning questions, or is there something left uncovered? Leave the comments below, we’d love to hear from you. Your opinion is important to us!